4.21.2007

Life is Good . . .

Last night I slept through the night, which is a luxury for the season of life I'm in. Any woman over 50 will know what I'm talking about. Anyway, my husband Dennis is always up in the morning before I am. I don't think there has ever been a time in our married life when that hasn't been true. He's an early riser often waking up to his biological alarm clock. Me? I sleep through his alarm, his deliberately quiet way of slipping out of bed, the shower running, the blender making a morning smoothie, his whole morning routine is unnoticed and unheard by me.

This morning he actually slept in till 6:45. And as usual, I slept through everything. He has been very kind to me through the years to be the least disruptive as possible. This non-morning, late-night wife has greatly appreciated this expression of love. At 10:00 a.m. I heard the door from the garage to the kitchen close. Yes, I was still in bed. Then foot steps up the stairway. He always shuts the bedroom door in the morning to minimize the noise factor even more. So, the door slowly makes its way open and there is my sweet husband with a plate that holds a banana nut muffie (one of my Panera favorites) and a grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks (another one of my favorites). He had been out doing some early morning grocery shopping and thought of me.

It was a little thing, but it meant the world to me. My sweet husband bringing me two of my favorite treats on a Saturday morning. I sat up in bed and relished every bite and every sip. And I relished this great husband of mine who after 28 years of marriage still amazes me. Life is good . . .

2 comments:

Kathy said...

very sweet...I guess I got to try those. They sound good! :)

Anonymous said...

...two of life's many blessings... a good night's sleep...(I know exactly what you are talking about!)... and a sweet, loving husband...maybe it has something to do with his name....I know another Dennis with similar qualities.