8.28.2011

A Grace-filled Summer

No other words suffice, except grace-filled. I have little else to describe the past 3.5 months. It’s been nothing short of a beautiful journey since the break from my blog on May 17th. I tend to live my life in seasons, and what a season it has been. Grace-filled, because I have felt God’s love and care so keenly, perhaps more than any other time in my life. The tenderness of his heart drew me right up into his lap. His words brought comfort to my soul, nurturing my heart with encouragement and hope. He surprised me with his love. In the timing of a book. Through people I had never met before. Through precious friends. Grace-filled gifts brought a smile to my face. To some they may have seemed like silly gifts, but oh, they had so much meaning for me. He knew. The sweet reminders of his love brought tears to my eyes. They still do.

I can’t remember the religion professor who taught what I’m about to share. It was a new bit of theology that I hadn’t heard before, and at the time, I’m not sure that I fully understood it. In an attempt to demonstrate how salvation is an ongoing process, he relayed the following train of thought - I was saved, I am being saved, and I will be saved. All this to say... I understand this now. This summer has been one of those I am being saved ones. I sense a fresh newness in my life, and it’s all because of God’s grace.

In the days and weeks ahead I want to share with you some of the gifts God gave me in this grace-filled season.

Thanks for your patience in my return. I am eager to start blogging again. It has been a good summer, and I am back.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Welcome back. I'm glad to see you here :).